The Do’s and Don’ts of Creating a Successful Video CV
Video-led recruitment is now more popular than it ever has been. The main element of video-led recruitment is a Video CV. A video CV is a short video pitch that goes along with a written CV or job application.
Video CVs give jobseekers the chance to show off their professional strengths and provide recruiters with the opportunity to get a reliable first impression and thus, a better understanding of the applicant’s communication skills and cultural fit.
Why Are Employers Using Video-Led Recruitment?
Video-Led recruitment has many benefits for both recruiters and candidates:
- They enhance the application process
- They showcase both a candidate’s hard and soft skills
- They give candidates the opportunity to try something new and get creative to really sell themselves
- They remove the fear of the unknown for recruiters and hiring managers as they let recruiters see and hear the candidate at first-hand
- They make the yes or no decision easier for recruiters as they will have more of a realistic view of the candidate
How to Create the Best Video CV
In order to create the best video CV possible, there are a number of do’s and don’ts you should follow to reach success:
- Dress to impress
- Find the best location
- Test your equipment
- Speak clearly
- Jot down some notes
- Create a plan
- Be professional
- Introduce yourself
- Take deep breaths
- Get creative
- Show off your skills
- Be confident
- Keep it steady
- Cater to your audience
- Start as you mean to go on, positively
- Keep it informative, yet concise
- Show off your work portfolio
- Stand out from the crowd
- Retake as many times as you need
- Edit it where you see fit
- Export your Video CV as requested
- Contact video recruitment experts if you’re in need of any help or guidance
- Give it your all
- Read your paper CV or notes out loud
- Wear your joggers or pyjamas
- Film in a noisy or distracting place
- Speak too quickly
- Use slang
- Be unprofessional
- Shy away
- Go off on a tangent
- Be arrogant or dismissive
- Be disrespectful
- Get overwhelmed
- Be underprepared
- Put zero effort into it
- Ignore instructions
- Be boring
- Hide away from asking questions you need the answers to
- Give up
How Can We Help?
Jobzilla is the first recruitment agency to significantly enhance engagement between our clients and candidates by embracing modern video technology to revolutionise the recruitment process. Our Video Assessments ensure each candidate has the opportunity to express what makes them who they are and provides a valuable tool to help employers make quicker and more effective recruitment decisions.
If you’d like more information on how you can prepare for your upcoming video assessment or would like to know more about the service we offer, why not contact Jobzilla today on 0203 507 1717, email to email@example.com or by filling out the contact form on our contact page.
Share the post "The Do’s and Don’ts of Creating a Successful Video CV"